Monday, March 26, 2012

Glass vs. Plastic Bottles

I will be reviewing Dr. Brown's glass baby bottles versus Medela's baby bottles based on the following three criteria: Ergonomics, Price & Durability.

Ergonomics:
I noticed a drastic difference of feeding when I switched from plastic to glass bottles. My main goal was to control my babys's fussiness by using a bottle especially designed to treat colic. To my surprise, Dr. Brown's failed to deliver the comfort and gentle flow of Medela's that keeps my baby eating.

Price:
2-8 oz. glass bottles are $12.99
12-2.5 oz. plastic Bottles are 15.99
In terms of quality, paying too much is never an issue for me. I found that both were relatively the same price point, but liked the versatility of Medela bottles. There are bottles for breastmilk storage and regular feedings.

Durability:
There is no doubt glass withstands plastic, but after using Medela's bottles for 3 months now, they are still like new. Both BPA-free. However, Medela's is less likely to shatter and easier to transport.

There is no surprise to which I prefer, but don't just take my word for it, try it for yourselves!

All reviews are written from first hand use and experience of the products. Keeping it real to make motherhood simpler.

No comments:

Post a Comment